1/16/15 Friday Notes
- Save the Date! Health and Wellness Night is on Monday, January 26th. We will have a chia seed cook off! Also kids start growing your Chia Pets, we will have a chia pet contest too! Get ready for a fun night full of activities such as hula hooping, an obstacle course and much more!
- Men Make a Difference Day Friday, January 30th Breakfast at 8:10 am with volunteer opportunities all day.
Upcoming After School Programs:
- Grades K-4 Drawing with Young Rembrandts Our K-4 students will learn new techniques using color pencils, markers and Sharpies. A Lego-inspired drawing and a composition featuring a detailed scorpion will provide fun, artistic challenges with Young Rembrandts. All materials are provided. Class is limited to 18 students. Last year’s class was very popular! 6 classes for $60, to be held on Tuesdays in the Art Room, 3:30 – 4:30 p.m., Jan. 27 – March 3. Registration is available online at www.youngrembrandts.com, or contact Carolyn Strong at email@example.com with questions.
- Grades K-2 Spanish 101 with Ms. Pancoast A 45-minute Spanish 101 class will be held in Ms. Pancoast’s room on five Thursdays after school, 3:30-4:15pm from Jan. 22 – Feb. 19; Feb. 26 – April 2; and April 9 – May 7. Class size will be limited to 12 (first come/first serve). Cost is $35 including a workbook. Permission slip: Spanish_permission_Jan2015
- Grades 5-8 Co-Ed Strength Training Club with Christine Neff Keep active this winter by joining the strength training club! Jan 21 – Feb 18 (5 Wednesdays) for $50 from 3:40 – 4:40 pm in the gym. Students will learn about good body mechanics and how to get stronger, and start designing their own personal fitness plans. Classes will also cover how our attitude and physical presence affects those around us. Email Christine with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org. Class size is limited to 12 participants (first come/first serve). Two scholarships are available for students on the free/reduced lunch program. Free T-shirt for each participant! Permission slip: Strength Training Grades 5-8 permission
- Health & Wellness Night – If you would like to promote your health and wellness related business, do an activity with the kids and parents, or otherwise help with Health and Wellness night or join the Health and Wellness Committee, please contact April Duncan Fong (Health and Wellness Committee Chair) at 303-642-1570 or email@example.com
- PTSA Board Nominating Committee. Help us identify the future leaders of your PTSA board. We need to hold our annual elections in April. By the February meeting (2/ 2), we need to have our nominating committee lined up. These are the people who will seek the best people to lead and manage our PTSA next school year. We need five people to serve on this committee. If you are interested, please contact Tami Lawson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Stay tuned in future Friday Notes and PTSA member emails for more information on upcoming programs. If you have any questions, comments, suggestions, concerns, please feel free to contact me.
Jody Dickson, President email@example.com 303-642-3568
CCCK-8 Business Sponsors