1/9/15 Friday Notes
Happy New Year!
- The C3AC and PTSA meetings will be on Monday, January 12th. This month C3AC will start at 6 pm. If you don’t normally attend the C3AC meeting, this one may be of particular interest because we will be discussing the new budgeting process for our school next year. The PTSA meeting will begin officially at 6:30 where we will probably continue the budgeting discussion and will also get an update about the second round of instructional rounds. In the PTSA meeting, we will be discussing upcoming events including Health & Wellness night and Bring Dad to School to Day. We will also begin building action items for at one of our parent feedback goal. We will also initiate the process of forming our nominating committee for next year’s officers and start pulling together donations for the silent auction for the talent show later this spring.
- Save the Date! Health and Wellness Night is on Monday, January 26th. We will have a chia seed cook off! Also kids start growing your Chia Pets, we will have a chia pet contest too! Get ready for a fun night full of activities such as hula hooping, an obstacle course and much more!
If you would like to promote your health and wellness related business, do an activity with the kids and parents, help with Health and Wellness night or join the Health and Wellness Committee, please contact April Duncan Fong (Health and Wellness Committee Chair) at 303-642-1570 or email@example.com
Upcoming After School Programs:
- Grades K-4 Drawing with Young Rembrandts Our K-4 students will learn new techniques using color pencils, markers and Sharpies. A Lego-inspired drawing and a composition featuring a detailed scorpion will provide fun, artistic challenges with Young Rembrandts. All materials are provided. Class is limited to 18 students. Last year’s class was very popular! 6 classes for $60, to be held on Tuesdays in the Art Room, 3:30 – 4:30 p.m., Jan. 27 – March 3. Registration is available online at www.youngrembrandts.com, or contact Carolyn Strong at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
- Grades K-2 Spanish 101 with Ms. Pancoast A 45-minute Spanish 101 class will be held in Ms. Pancoast’s room on five Thursdays after school, 3:30-4:15pm from Jan. 22 – Feb. 19; Feb. 26 – April 2; and April 9 – May 7. Class size will be limited to 12 (first come/first serve). Cost is $35 including a workbook. Permission slip: Spanish_permission_Jan2015
- Grades 5-8 Co-Ed Strength Training Club with Christine Neff Keep active this winter by joining the strength training club! Jan 21 – Feb 18 (5 Wednesdays) for $50 from 3:40 – 4:40 pm in the gym. Students will learn about good body mechanics and how to get stronger, and start designing their own personal fitness plans. Classes will also cover how our attitude and physical presence affects those around us. Email Christine with questions at email@example.com. Class size is limited to 12 participants (first come/first serve). Two scholarships are available for students on the free/reduced lunch program. Free T-shirt for each participant! Permission slip: Strength Training Grades 5-8 permission
Stay tuned in future Friday Notes and PTSA member emails for more information on upcoming programs. If you have any questions, comments, suggestions, concerns, please feel free to contact me.
Jody Dickson, President firstname.lastname@example.org 303-642-3568
CCCK-8 Business Sponsors